IBM Maximo Asset Management is a comprehensive solution for managing physical assets on a common platform in asset-intensive industries. It offers “built in” mobile access, out-of-the box mapping, crew management and analytical insight.
Maximo Asset Management allows organizations to share and enforce best practices, inventory, resources and personnel. It helps manage all types of assets – including plant, production, infrastructure, facilities, transportation and communications.
It is available as an on-premises or software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering.
Maximo Asset Management includes six management modules in an enhanced service-oriented architecture.
- Asset management – Achieve the control you need to more efficiently track and manage asset and location data throughout the asset lifecycle.
- Work management – Manage both planned and unplanned work activities, from initial request through completion and recording of actuals.
- Service management – Define service offerings, establish service level agreements (SLAs), more proactively monitor service level delivery and implement escalation procedures.
- Contract management – Gain complete support for purchase, lease, rental, warranty, labor rate, software, master, blanket and user-defined contracts.
- Inventory management – Know the details of asset-related inventory and its usage including what, when, where, how many and how valuable.
- Procurement management – Support all the phases of enterprise-wide procurement such as direct purchasing and inventory replenishment
Maximo Integration with MS Active Directory (Directory Server)
Maximo System can seamlessly integrate with any directory server to synch all the users and groups credentials with their info into its application server (Supports Active Directory Authentication as basic configuration)
Maximo Integration with MS Exchange (Mail Server)
Maximo system seamlessly supports the bidirectional integration and communication (both sending and receiving) with any mail server (i.e., MS Exchange) through SMTP, POP3 and IMAP mailing protocols which will be realized as basic configuration without any need for other middleware applications or even integration tool
Integration with MS Project
Maximo Adapter for Microsoft Project leverages a common project management tool to see and work with project details from Maximo in Microsoft Project.
Bi-directional integration between Maximo and Microsoft Project ensuring data consistency across both systems.
Embedded forms, dialogs and filters in Microsoft Project allow quick access to Maximo data and added functionality related to work and resource planning.
Integrates Maximo Work Orders, Preventive Maintenance (PM), Assets, Resources and Calendars with Microsoft Project.
Supports the creation of work orders in Maximo from Microsoft Project.
Updates Maximo with the new schedules, logic and activities from Microsoft Project.
Asset calendars in Maximo can be part of resource scheduling that considers not only the availability of required working resources but the availability of the equipment as well.
Customizable mapping of data attributes from Maximo’s work order object to Microsoft Project task columns can be validated on entry against the Maximo data sets.
Integration with Condition Monitoring
In Maximo you can use the Condition Monitoring application to define acceptable upper and lower limits for meter measurement readings that can help you to decide when preventive or emergency maintenance should be initiated for your assets.
Condition Monitoring allows you to set upper / lower warning limits, upper / lower action limits, and PM limits which you can then associate with a specific PM and or job plan. These limits will be associated with a specific asset and meter type which you will record measurements against.
Once you have defined your limits for the asset / location you can then begin entering measurement points which will document meter readings at a specific time in the asset’s history.
These measurement points will then be used to decide whether or not work should be done on your asset.
After it is determined that the meter readings are outside of your predefined limits, you can use the Condition Monitoring application to generate work orders against your asset using the “Generate Work Orders” option from the application’s Select Action menu.
Integration with Oracle ERP
IBM Maximo Enterprise Adapter is a low-cost, easy-to-use and easy-to-manage enterprise integration solution for deploying Maximo software as one of the key enterprise applications on which an enterprise can run its core asset and service business operations. It provides the connectivity features and support required to integrate Maximo software with multiple business and operational systems internally within the enterprise, as well as externally with those of partners and customers
The Maximo Enterprise Adapter framework provides enterprise-level application services and business process coordination between Maximo software and other enterprise systems or solutions, allowing users to focus on their operational procedures and giving them the flexibility to decide where to manage their business processes. Maximo Enterprise Adapter provides a robust, scalable and more secure integration infrastructure that enables you to more quickly deploy Maximo software in an enterprise and exchange information with other enterprise systems.
- More easily connect IBM Maximo software with critical enterprise, operation, and IT systems
- Help speed up the deployment of Maximo components through a built-in integration framework
- Generate Web services for any Maximo business component and host these services for external interactions
- Optimize asset and service management processes by leveraging information from multiple systems
- Further automate business processes, improving efficiencies and reducing errors