Storage area network (SAN)
A storage-area network is typically assembled using three principle components: cabling, host bus adapters (HBAs) and switches. Each switch and storage system on the SAN must be interconnected and the physical interconnections must support bandwidth levels that can adequately handle peak data activities.
Storage-area networks are managed centrally, and Fiber Channel (FC) SANs have the reputation of being expensive, complex and difficult to manage. The emergence of iSCSI has reduced these challenges by encapsulating SCSI commands into IP packets for transmission over an Ethernet connection, rather than an FC connection. Instead of learning, building and managing two networks — an Ethernet local-area network (LAN) for user communication and an FC SAN for storage — an organization can now use its existing knowledge and infrastructure for both LANs and SANs.
A virtual storage-area network (VSAN) is a software-defined storage offering that is implemented on top of a hypervisor such as VMware ESXI or Microsoft Hyper-V. Virtual SANs yield a number of benefits such as ease of management and scalability. For the most part, VSANs are hardware-agnostic. As long as the storage hardware is recognized and supported by the hypervisor, the hardware can be used by the VSAN (although each vendor has its own requirements). Unified SAN
Unified SAN is based around the concept of unified storage, which exposes file storage and block storage through a single device (usually a modified NAS appliance).
Why Smart System
Why are we DIFFERENT?
Because we are an adaptive enterprise, guided by results, we seek through competence, respect, ethics and professional development of our employees provide excellence with solutions that turn into successful projects for our clients.
- We have the solution you demand.
- Deep understanding of technology and its effective use to help our clients to achieve their business goals.
- Work together with our partners, vendors and especially with our customers.
- Highly qualified and skilled staff committed to customer satisfaction.
- We trust in Teamwork.
- Respect clarity and openness in communication.
- We are a company with over 9 years of market presence and we have only success stories of our customers.
- Our excellent reputation and market knowledge.
- Our solutions reflects our objective to help our customers achieve their business goals.
- Deliver high quality implementation service.
- Apply business best practices.
- Transfer knowledge to our customer.
Smart system is a leading technology services provider, delivering business solutions to its customers. Smart system founded in 2007.
Today, as an EMC, NetApp, VMware, Fortinet, Symantec and Cisco business partner, Smart System delivers one of the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology and security solutions to customers in the manufacturing, financial services, healthcare, communications, energy, transportation, and consumer and retail industries.